Lavender tea or lemonade will help me pass out and sleep like a baby if I'm feeling restless or having trouble sleeping. It's no mystery to that diffusing lavender essential oil promotes relaxation, and drinking lavender tea does the same. And it's spectacular for digestion as a tea! And if you're obsessed with our Lavender Lemonade body butter, this is the edible kind (but a liquid!)
This drink is great for potlucks, summers on the patio, and gatherings with high-strung people, or for when Bon Iver pops over for a visit.
The Magnificent Lavender Lemonade
You will need:
- 5 cups of filtered water
- 1-2 tbsp of lavender buds
- 1-2 Meyer lemons juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup honey, sugar or maple syrup, or sweetener of your choice. Adjust to taste (I like my lavender lemonade on the sour side)
- A pot, a strainer, a spoon and large jar or jug
- Boil water and lavender together in your pot on the stove for 3-5 minutes, or until lavender buds sink to bottom. Your liquid should look brown-grey.
- Strain lavender infusion into your jug or jar
- Stir in honey until dissolved
- Add lemon and lime juices. Taste and adjust honey and/or lemon. Your lavender lemonade will turn pink!
- Pop your jug in the fridge overnight. Tip (but not really because you probably thought of this already): I make mine at night so that I can sip on it in its chilled form the next day. For extra fast chilling: pour into an empty freezable container, and leave in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Sit back, sip on some flowers, and enjoy the magic of Lavender Lemonade